Organisation : Chief Electoral Officer West Bengal
Facility : Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ :
Home Page : http://www.ceowestbengal.nic.in/Index.aspx
Related : CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Online Registration Form 6 : www.electionin.in/16.html
1. I am an Indian citizen. How can I enroll my name in the Photo Electoral Roll for the first time?
A You can enroll your name in the Photo Electoral Roll through an application in Form no. 6 enclosing the following three types of documents:-
1. Copy of “Age proof” (Age:18 yrs or more as on the reference date and year announced by the Election Commission of India).
To enroll your name in the Electoral Roll, age of the applicant must be 18 yrs or more.
2. Copy of “Citizenship proof” and
3. Copy of “proof of Ordinary Residence”.
You have to submit the application in form no. 6 to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer.
2. How do I know the office address of Electoral Registration Officers?
A You will get office address and details of Electoral Registration Officers (E.R.O.s) from the CEO’s website “ceowestbengal.nic.in”. You may also get it from the DM/SDO/BDO Office or from the local BLO.
3. What are the documents I may submit as my proof of age?
A The following documents may be submitted as proof of age:-
1. Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or District office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate; or
2. Certificate from the school (govt./ recognized) last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution; or
3. If a person is class 10 or more pass, he should give a copy of the marksheet of class 10., if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth; or
4. Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth; or
5. Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth; or
6. A declaration in prescribed format made by either of his parents if the person is not educated till class 10 (In those cases where parental declaration is given as proof of age, the applicant will have to be present himself for verification before BLO/AERO/ERO); or
7. A certificate of his age given by a Gram Pradhan of the concerned Gram Panchayat or by a Commissioner of the concerned Municipality or by a Councillor of the concerned Munic ipal Corporation, the person is not educated till class 10 and both the parents are not alive.
N.B. In the case of applicants born on or after 26/1/1989 only Birth certificate issued by the Municipal authorities or District office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths are acceptable.
4. What are the documents I may submit as proof of my citizenship?
A The following documents may be submitted as proof of nationality:-
1. Copy of EPIC of parents, or
2. Birth certificate issued by the Municipal authorities or District office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths.
* The above list is illustrative and not exhaustive.
5. Which documents are considered as proof of Ordinary Residence?
A The following documents are generally considered as proof of Ordinary Residence:-
1. Bank/ Kisan/ Post office current passbook, or
2. Applicant’s Ration card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Income Tax Assessment Order, or
3. Latest Water/ Telephone/ Electricity/ Gas connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or his / her immediate relatives like parents, etc, or
4. Postal department’s posts received/ delivered in the applicant’s name at the given address.
5. In cases of homeless persons, the BLO will visit the address given in Form 6 at night to ascertain that the homeless person actually sleeps at the place which is given as his address in Form 6. If the BLO is able to verify that the homeless person actually sleeps at that place, no documentary proof of place of residence shall be necessary.
BLO must visit for more than one night for such verification.
It must be noted that if any applicant submits only Ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the above categories.
6. When do I submit application in Form-6?
A You may submit application in Form-6:-
a) to the Designated Officer (D.O.) at the designated locations (Polling Stations) during Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls, or
b) to the Booth Level Officer (B.L.O.) during Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls,
c) to the Electoral Registration Officer during Continuous Updation of Electoral Rolls. Don’t forget to collect acknowledgement/ receipt while submitting Form no. 6.
7. What is Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls (S.R.E.R.)?
A Every year, Election Commission of India generally undertakes special time bound programme for Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls, where applications for inclusion, correction, transposition and deletion of names are received by Designated Officers at the designated locations (Polling Stations). This special programme is known as Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls.