|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Name of the Organisation : Chief Electoral Officer CEO Bihar
Type of Facility : Apply Online Voter ID Card
Voter ID Card Application Form :
Procedure for obtaining certified entry of Electoral Roll :
After the publication of Rolls you can obtain a copy of the certified entry by approaching the ERO concerned. You will be required to deposit some money and thereafter the ERO will issue the required certificate.
CEO Bihar Search Your Name in Voter List : www.electionin.in/54.html
Rationalisation/ change in existing Polling Stations:
The process of rationalisation and changing of existing Polling Stations will start after the publication of the Roll. For this purpose consultation will be held with the representatives of the Political Parties before any changes are made. You are invited to give your suggestions in this regard through E-mail at the following address:Mail Address.
For inclusion of your name in the Electoral Rolls, fill the following forms:
To download, click on the corresponding form names.
** Form 6
In case your name is not included in draft rolls being published . This form should be submitted to your ERO.
** Form 7
In case you want to delete any name from the Electoral Roll.
** Form 8
In case a modification in any entry is required.
You cannot have names at two places (Assembly Constituency or in the State) so please get your name deleted before adding it at a new address.
General Instructions :
Who can file Form-6
1. First time applicant on attaining age of 18years or more on the first day of January of the year with reference to which the electoral roll is being revised.
2. Person shifting his / her place of ordinary residence outside the constituency in which he / she is already registered.
When Form-6 can be filed
1. The application can be filed after draft publication of electoral roll of the constituency. The application is to be filed within the specific days provided for the purpose. Due publicity is given about the above period when the revision programme is announced.
2. Only one copy of the application is to be filed.
3. Application for inclusion of name can be filed through out the year even when the revision programme is not going on. During non-revision period, application must be filed in duplicate.
Where to file Form-6
1. During revision period, the application can be filed at the designated locations where the draft electoral roll is displayed (mostly polling station locations) as well as the Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
2. During other period of the year when revision programme is not going on, the application can be filed only with the Electoral Registration Officer.
How to Fill the Form-6
1. The application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency in which you seek registration. The name of the constituency should be mentioned in the blank space.
2. Name (With Documentary Proof)
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished.
The full name except the surname should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned.
3. Age (With Documentary Proof)
The age of the applicant should be eighteen or more on 1st January of the year with reference to which the electoral roll is being revised. The age should be indicated in years and months. e.g. A person born on or upto 1/1/1991 will be eligible for inclusion in the electoral roll which is being revised with reference to 1/1/2009. Persons born on 2/1/1991 or thereafter upto 1/1/1992 shall be eligible for inclusion during the next revision with reference to 1/1/2010.
Write your sex in full in the space provided e.g. Male / Female/Others. Applicants may indicate their sex as “Other” where they do not want to be described as male or female.
5. Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof)
Fill up the date of birth in figures in the space provided in dd/mm/yyyy.
Proof of date of birth to be attached are as under:
(i) Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate; or
(ii) Birth certificate from the school (Govt. / Recognised) last attended by the applicant or any other recognised educational institution; or
(iii) Illiterate or semi-illiterate applicant who is not in possession of any of the above document are required to attach a declaration in prescribed format by either of the parents already included in the electoral roll in support of the applicants age. The format will be supplied on demand.