|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Uttarakhand Chief Electoral Officer Office (ceo.uk.gov.in)
Facility : Form 7 For Objection to Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll
CEO Uttarakhand Search your Name in Electoral Roll : http://www.electionin.in/70.html
Objection to Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll :
Who can file Form-7 :
1. Can be filed only by a person whose name is already included in that roll in order to object inclusion of a name proposed to be included in that part of the electoral roll or for seeking deletion of a name already included in that part of the electoral roll.
An “Objector” can file Application in Form 7 only in respect of persons included in the part of the electoral roll in which he/she is registered.
When Form-7 can be filed :
1. The application can be filed after draft publication of electoral roll of the constituency to object to the proposed inclusion of an entry in the draft roll. The application is to be filed within the specific days provided for the purpose. Due publicity is given about the above period when the revision programme is announced.
2. Only one copy of the application is to be filed.
3. The Application seeking deletion of an entry from the final electoral roll can be filed through out the year even when the revision programme is not going on. During non-revision period, application must be filed in duplicate.
Where to file Form-7 :
1. During revision period, the application can be filed at the designated locations where the draft electoral roll is displayed (mostly polling station locations) as well as the Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
2. During other period of the year when revision programme is not going on, the application can be filed only with the Electoral Registration Officer.
How to Fill up Form-7 :
1. The application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency in which another elector registered in that roll objects the proposed inclusion of an entry in the draft electoral roll. The name of the constituency should be mentioned in the blank space.
2. Details of person inclusion of whose name is objected to / Details of person whose entry is to be deleted :
** Out of the two alternative options, the first alternative is relevant after draft publication of electoral roll during revision of electoral roll.
** In other words to show the objected entry in the draft roll in the list of deletions at the time of final publication of the roll.
** The second alternative is relevant during continuous updation after final publication of electoral roll.
** In other words for deletion of an entry already included in the final electoral roll. (Please strike out the inappropriate alternative while filling up the Form)
** Besides the name of the person whose entry is objected for inclusion or sought to be deleted, the other details of the electoral roll Part No., Serial No. of the entry in that Part of electoral roll and Identity Card No issued to that person are also required to be filled up.
** These details are available in the relevant part of electoral roll.
** The Part No. of the electoral roll is printed on the right hand top corner of the electoral roll.
** Every entry is given a serial number.
** Please check the electoral roll and write the serial number at which the name of the person whose entry is objected for inclusion/sought to be deleted is listed.
** In case the person has already been issued an Identity Card that No. is also printed against that entry.
** Please write that card no. in full in the space provided.
** Separate Application is required to be filed for objecting inclusion/seeking deletion of each entry.
3. Details of objector :
An “Objector” can file Application in Form 7 only in respect of persons included in the part of the electoral roll in which he/she is registered. In Part II of the Application, the objector has to fill up in the space provided his/her name including surname, relation’s name (Father/Mother/Husband), sex, part no. of electoral roll and serial number at which his/her name is registered in that part of the electoral roll. The Objector must fill up his full address in the space provided in Part III of the Application.
4. Reason(s) for objection / deletion. :
In Part IV of the Application, the applicant ‘objector’ must specify the reason(s) as to why according to him/her the person whose name is objected is not qualified for inclusion in that part of electoral roll viz. Due to death, due to shifting, not ordinarily residing at the registered address etc.. The onus of proof to substantiate the reason given for removal of the name lies with the Objector.
5. Declaration :
In Part V of the Application the applicant must give a declaration that the facts and particulars mentioned in the application are true to the best of his/her knowledge and belief. Please indicate date from which you are residing in the given address. Giving a false declaration is punishable under section 31 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950.