|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Chief Electoral Officer Andhra Pradesh
State : Andhra Pradesh
Council : Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council
Notification : http://www.electionin.in/uploads/653-PN31_07052015.pdf
Home Page : http://eci.nic.in/eci/eci.html
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA :
Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi110001
No. ECIPN312015 Dated: 7th May, 2015
PRESS NOTE :
Election to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by the Members of the Legislative Assembly to fill regular vacancies of three Members and a byeelection to fill the casual vacancy in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council, by the members of the Legislative Assembly.
Three additional seats of members in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council to be filled by election by the Members of Legislative Assembly of the state have been provided under the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization (Amendment) Act, 2015, dated 30.03.2015, read with Notification issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, dated 29.04.2015.
Hence, Election to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by the Members of Legislative Assembly is required to be held to fill up the said three regular vacancies under Section 16 read with Section 15A of the Representation of People Act, 1951 and Article 324 of the Constitution of India.
Accordingly, the Commission has decided to hold an election to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by the Members of the state Legislative Assembly to fill up the above mentioned three vacancies in accordance with the following schedule
Sl No | Subject of Programme | Dates and Days :
1. Issue of Notification 14th May, 2015 (Thursday)
2. Last Date of making nominations 21st May, 2015 (Thursday)
3. Scrutiny of nominations 22nd May, 2015 (Friday)
4. Last date for withdrawal of candidatures 25th May, 2015 (Monday)
5. Date Of Poll 1st June, 2015 (Monday)
6. Hours of Poll .00 A.. to .00 PM.
7. Counting of Votes 1st June, 2015 (Monday) at 5.00 PM.
8. Date before which election shall be completed | 3rd June, 2015 (Wednesday)
3. Apart from the above, there is a casual vacancy, occurred in the State Legislative Council of Andhra Pradesh elected by the members of Legislative Assembly due to death of Sri Paladugu Venkata Rao on 19th January, 2015, whose term of office is upto and including 29th March, 2017.
4 The Commission has also decided to hold a byeelection to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by MLAs to fill up the above mentioned casual vacancy also according to the above mentioned schedule