Organisation : Election Commission of India ECI
Facility Name : Track RTI Status
Applicable State/UTs : All India
Website : https://rti.eci.nic.in/#
How to ECI Track RTI Status?
To Track RTI Status follow the bellow steps,
1) Go to the official website https://rti.eci.nic.in
2) Click on “RTI Tracking” Link
3) Enter Mobile Number or Email ID
4) Enter RTI Registration Number
5) The applicant has to enter correct captcha in the given text field.
6) Then applicant has to click on OTP button. An OTP will be sent to the provided Mobile Number/Email ID.
7) Enter the OTP and login to the ECI RTI Portal.
Please do not file RTI applications through this portal for the public authorities under the State Governments, including Government of NCT Delhi. If filed, the application would be returned, without refund of amount. Through this portal, RTI applications/first appeals can be filed by Indian Citizens to only Election Commission of India.
RTI applications/first appeals should not be filed for other ministries/ Public authorities under Central/State Govt. through this portal. Please read instructions carefully while submitting request/appeal.
How to RTI Officers Login?
1) Enter Official Email ID
2) Enter correct captcha in the given text field.
3) Then Official has to click on OTP button. An OTP will be sent to the provided Email ID.
4) Enter the OTP and login to the ECI RTI Portal.
FAQ on RTI
RTI Online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will I be informed about the additional fee (if any) is required to pay?
In case additional fee representing the cost is required for providing information, the CPIO will intimate the same, which can be viewed by the applicant through “RTI Status – RTI Tracking” option in the RTI Online Portal and an e-mail alert or SMS or both will also be sent to the applicant for the same. Addition payment can be paid offline only in the form of demand draft / Cheque / IPO.
How do I file an appeal with First Appellate Authority?
For making an appeal to the first Appellate Authority, the applicant has to go on RTI status. Apply for first appeal option will be there. To click on this will make enable to applicant fill form and apply for first appeal.
Do I need to make any payment for filing an appeal?
As per RTI Act, no fee has to be paid for first appeal.
Do I get any SMS from RTI Online Portal?
It’s mandatory on portal to provide mobile number by applicant/ appellant in order to receive SMS alerts.
Is it mandatory to create user account on RTI online web portal?
No. It will be choice of users whether they want to register or not.
What should I do if I forgot my password for the user account?
We have not provided permanent password facility. This system is OTP based system
What should I do if I am not getting OTP on entered email ID / mobile no.?
For 3 attempts you should click on resend OTP and after that you may have to enter alternate Email ID / mobile no.
Can I file RTI application for Central Ministries / Departments / state public authorities through this portal?
This may happen under following two situation:
1) When your RTI application has been physically transferred to other public authority or CEO’s CPIO , which is not aligned to this portal. In such a case, you are required to file your appeal in physical mode to the concerned public authority / CEO’s CPIO.
2) Another case can be if your RTI application has not been replied to by CPIO and 30 days period has not lapsed. In such a case, you may file first appeal only after completion of stipulated time period of 30 days.
What should I do when portal is not allowing me to file the first appeal?
Kindly wait for the 48 working hours as registration number will be generated after reconciliation.
While registering a user account many dots appear after entering password?
Please do not get confused. Password encryption is a security measure. Whenever you enter your password it gets encrypted instantaneously. While registering your account kindly provide same password in two fields i.e. password & confirm password fields respectively.
Can I file online first appeal for any RTI application filed physically in the first place?
No, Online first appeal can only be filed against previously filed online RTI application.
Why RTI application filed by me is not reflecting in my user account history?
If you have opted to file RTI or First Appeal by using different mobile no. / email ID into your user account, then in such cases you will not be able to see the all filed RTI or Appeal in single dashboard. Availability of RTI or First Appeal in a dashboard will depend on used mobile no. / email ID.
How can I View Status/Reply of my RTI Application or First Appeal?
Status/Reply of the RTI Application or First appeal filed online can be viewed by the applicant by clicking on “RTI tracking on home page” or by clicking on “view status” in dashboard.