Organisation : CEO Meghalaya
Announcement : Meghalaya Votes Mobile App
Applicable State : Meghalaya
Website : http://ceomeghalaya.nic.in/default.htm
|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
CEO Meghalaya Votes Mobile App
A G2C Mobile Application for the Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Meghalaya.
Related : CEO Meghalaya Form 6A For Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll by Overseas Elector : www.electionin.in/583.html
The objective of the App is to help Voters to search their Electoral Rolls related information details by selecting / entering basic information like District, Assembly Constituency, Name or EPIC Number.
Using this app, Voters can access their Polling Station information to enable them to cast their votes at specific Polling Station location. The apps used Google Map to guide the Voters the direction and distance to reach the Polling Booth from their current location.
The apps also enable the Citizen to know their elected representatives and also the Party to which they belong. It also provides a link to the Affidavit filed by the MLAs during the election to the current Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
Model Code Of Conduct Guidelines
(1) No party or candidate shall include in any activity which may aggravate existing differences or create mutual hatred or cause tension between different castes and communities, religious or linguistic.
(2) Criticism of other political parties, when made, shall be confined to their policies and programme, past record and work. Parties and Candidates shall refrain from criticism of all aspects of private life, not connected with the public activities of the leaders or workers of other parties. Criticism of other parties or their workers based on unverified allegations or distortion shall be avoided.
(3) There shall be no appeal to caste or communal feelings for securing votes. Mosques, Churches, Temples or other places of worship shall not be used as forum for election propaganda.
(1) A Party or candidate organizing a procession shall decide before hand the time and place of the starting of the procession, the route to be followed and the time and place at which the procession will terminate. There shall ordinary be on deviation from the programme.
(2) The organisers shall give advance intimation to the local police authorities of the programme so as to enable the letter to make necessary arrangement.
All Political parties and candidates shall –
(i) co-operate with the officers on election duty to ensure peaceful and orderly polling and complete freedom to the voters to exercise their franchise without being subjected to any annoyance or obstruction.
(ii) supply to their authorized workers suitable badges or identity cards.
(iii) agree that the identity slip supplied by them to voters hall be on plain (white) paper and shall not contain any symbol, name of the candidate or the name of the party;
FAQs on MCC
1. Suppose a vehicle has been provided to Minister by the State and the Minister is given an allowance for maintenance of such vehicle. Can it be used by the Minister for election purposes?
Where a vehicle is provided by the State or the Minister is given an allowance for maintenance of the vehicle, he cannot use such vehicle for election.
2. Whether facility of official vehicles can be withdrawn from those ministers who violate the provisions of Model Code of conduct?
Yes The Chief Electoral Officer shall also recover the cost of propulsion from the ministers who may misuse their official position.
3. Whether there is any restriction or visits of members of National Commission for Schedule Castes or any other similar National/State Commissions?
It is advised that all official visits of Members of such Commissions shall be deferred, unless any such visit becomes unavoidable in an emergent situation, till the completion of election exercise to avoid any misunderstanding that may arise in any quarters.