You are here: Home > Assam
All posts from

FAQs On Electoral Rolls & Election Machinery :

Organisation : Election Department, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Announcement : FAQs On Electoral Rolls & Election Machinery
Applicable State/UT : Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Website :

FAQ On Election Electoral Rolls & Election Machinery

Frequently Asked Questions FAQs On Electoral Rolls, Election Machinery, Registration of Political Party, Counting and Declaration of Result

Related / Similar Facilities : BLO e-Patrika For Booth Level Officers

Q.1 I have shifted my residence recently. How do I ensure that I am enrolled in my new place of residence and my name is deleted from the old place?
Ans . In case the new residence is in the same Assembly Constituency please fill up form and submit to ERO (Electoral Registration Officer) of the area of your new residence.

Q.2 I have shifted my residence recently. I have Photo ID Card with the old address. Can I get new ID Card for the present address?
Ans .
** First of all please ensure that you have enrolled yourself in the electoral rolls of the concerned Assembly Constituency, where you are now residing.
** The procedure is given as in Ans no.1. Subsequently, changes will be made in existing Identity Card.

Q.3 My old ID Card is defective. I would like to have a new ID Card with correct particulars. What is the procedure?
Ans . You can get your ID Card rectified by depositing it in the Office of the ERO concerned or at Photography center when the work of preparation of Photo ID card begins.

Q.4 I do not have a ration card. Can I get enrolled without a ration card? What are the other documents, which I can show as proof of my residence?
Ans . Ration Card is not indispensable, however you can show any other proof of residence like Passport, Bank Pass Book, Driving license etc.or any Govt. document to facilitate the work of registration.

Q.5 I am a tenant and my landlord does not want me to get enrolled. How can I get enrolled as a voter?
Ans .
** To get enrolled in the voter list is your legal right.
** Please check the Electoral roll of your area at the office of your ERO .
** If your name is not included please fill up form and deposit it with the ERO.

Q.6 I have shifted my residence recently to Assam from another State where I was registered as a voter. I have an ID Card issued from the previous place of residence. How can I get a new ID Card at the present address and what am I to do with the old Card?
Ans . Please get enrolled by filling up form and depositing the same along with the proof of residence in the office of ERO.

Q.7 I will be attaining the age of 18 on 1st Jan, 2007. What proof do I need to show to get enrolled?
Ans . You can submit the proof of Date of Birth from the authorized agency (Passport, High School certificate, Date of Birth certificate etc.)

Q.8 The Enumerator has visited my house and taken down the details. How do I ensure that my name is finally included in the electoral rolls ?
** He must have handed over you record of Enumeration, which is your acknowledgement.
** You can check your name in the draft roll, which gets published and available at the office of the ERO concerned to confirm that your name exists in the roll.

Q.9 I have lost my old ID Card. How can I get a new ID Card?
Ans .
** An FIR is to be filed with the local police station who will issue a certificate which is to be produced before the ERO.
** You will get a new ID Card thereafter.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap