Organisation : Chief Electoral Officer Jammu & Kashmir
Announcement : E-Filing
Applicable State : Jammu & Kashmir
Website : http://ceojk.nic.in/efiling/auth_pages/adminlogin.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
CEO JK E-Filing
Please follow the below instructions for E-Filing,
Related : CEO Jammu & Kashmir Toll Free/Helpline Number 1950 : www.electionin.in/5725.html
** Internet Citizens’ Portal is to facilitate citizens to submit online Form 6 (Inclusion), Form 7 (Deletion), Form 8 (Modification). Forms can be downloaded from ceojk.nic.in/forms
** Register yourself in the Citizens’ Portal to get your username and password for online submission by clicking New User? Sign up. (Mobile Number will become your User Name)
** To create your account, click on Register. The password shall be sent to you by SMS.
** Provide a valid Mobile No. during registration.
** After successful registration, a verification code shall be sent to your Mobile as SMS.
** You can login using your username and password to submit an application.
** For more information you can contact your BLO
** Document proof (age and address) should be uploaded along wih your application. Only single combined PDF of size < 1 MB is allowed)
Do’s & Dont’s
These are the steps should to be taken care while entering the Applications
1. Recent Passport Size Photograph (3.5CM X 3.5 CM) and Photo should be in jpg Format and Maximum Size of Image should be 50KB only.
2. Age Proof Document should be in pdf Format and Maximum Size of PDF should be 1MB only.
3. Address Proof Document should be in pdf Format and Maximum Size of PDF should be 1MB only.
4. In Form 6 if the Option (IV) My name may have been included in the Electoral Roll is clicked, date of issue should be in MM/DD/YYYY Format.
5. The Mandatory Fields highlighted as (*) must be filled.
6. The hard copy of the submitted Application can be sent through post or in person to the DEO office address at the end of the Acknowledgement of ERO/AERO Copy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Was 18 the minimum voting age in India from the beginning?
No, Earlier, the age for registration of a voter was 21 years. Through the 61st amendment Act, 1988 of the Constitution read with Act 21 of 1989 amending the R. P. Act, 1950, the minimum age of registration of a voter has been brought down to 18 years. This has been made effective from 28th March, 1989.
2. Can a non-citizen of India become a voter?
No. A person who is not a citizen of India cannot be registered as a voter. Article 326 of the Constitution read with Sec. 16 of R. P. Act, 1950 clarify the point.
3. Can one be enrolled at more than one place ?
No. A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950.
4. How can I get registered/enrolled in the Electoral Roll?
You have to submit a filled in Form – 6 to the ERO of the Assembly Constituency. If you are located in Jammu, the list of EROs can be found at Electoral Rolls Page of this site. Else contact the District Election Officer at the District Magistrate’s office.
Following are the various forms useful for registration as voter, corrections, change in address :
For inclusion of names Form- 6
For any objection on inclusion of names Form- 7
For correction of entries in the Electoral Rolls Form- 8
For transposition of entry in electoral roll Form- 8A