Organisation : Election Commission of India (ECI)
Service Name : RTI Online
Applicable For : Indian Citizens
Applicable States/UTs : All Over India
Website : https://rti.eci.nic.in/
|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
ECI RTI Online
Through this portal, RTI applications/first appeals can be filed by Indian Citizens to only Election Commission of India.
Related / Similar Post : ECI Confirm Voter Registration Status
RTI applications/first appeals should not be filed for other ministries/ Public authorities under Central/State Govt. through this portal. Please read instructions carefully while submitting request/appeal.
Please do not file RTI applications through this portal for the public authorities under the State Governments, including Government of NCT Delhi. If filed, the application would be returned, without refund of amount.
How To File RTI Online?
Go to the link https://rti.eci.nic.in/ and Login to File RTI Online.
Steps To Login :
The login screen for citizen comprises of two text field one for entering Mobile Number or Email ID and another for entering Captcha.
1. The applicant has to enter his/her mobile number or email id in the text field.
2. If invalid Email ID or Mobile Number is provided an error message will be displayed asking for valid Mobile Number or Email ID.
3. The applicant has to enter correct captcha in the given text field. Otherwise an error message will be displayed.
4. Then applicant has to click on OTP button. An OTP will be sent to the provided Mobile Number/Email ID.
5. A “Resend OTP” button will be appeared after thirty second
6. Enter the OTP and login to the ECI RTI Portal.
7. The applicant may click on “Resend OTP” button if he/she hasn’t received any OTP.
1. To which Public Authority can I file a request through this portal?
An applicant who desires to obtain information under the RTI Act, 2005 can make a request through this RTI Online Portal to the Election Commission of India.
2. How do I write my application for seeking the information as per RTI Act 2005?
The text of the application may be written in the prescribed column of the RTI request form. At present, the text of the application is confined up to 2000 characters only. In case, the text of an application contains more than 2000 characters, it can be uploaded as a PDF attachment in the “Supporting Document” column of the form.
3. How do I make the payment for RTI fee?
After filling the first page of the RTI request form, a non-BPL applicant has to click on “Make Payment” button for payment of the prescribed RTI fee. The applicant can pay the prescribed RTI fee through the following modes:
(i) Using ATM-cum-Debit card It may be noted that no RTI fee is required to be paid by a citizen who is below poverty line, as per RTI Rules, 2012. However, the BPL applicant must attach a copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate government in this regard, along with the application.
4. Do I get any receipt for online filing of RTI application?
On submission of an application, a unique registration number will be issued, which may be referred by the applicant for any future reference.
It may be noted that the application filed through this RTI Online Portal will reach electronically to the “Nodal Officer” of the Election Commission of India and “Not” to the CPIO of the Election Commission of India. The Nodal Officer will transmit the RTI application electronically to the concerned CPIO.
5. What will happen to my application if I filed RTI to Ministries / Public Authority other than Election Commission of India?
In case the RTI application is not meant for the Election Commission of India which has been filed by the applicant, the “Nodal Officer” of the Election Commission of India would transfer the application electronically to the “CPIO” of the concerned department and then CPIO will transfer to concerned ministry / public authority.
It may be noted that RTI applications filed through this portal for the Ministries/Departments / public authority / state public authorities, including NCT of Delhi, would be rejected, without any refund of fee.
6. Will I be informed about the additional fee (if any) is required to pay?
In case additional fee representing the cost is required for providing information, the CPIO will intimate the same, which can be viewed by the applicant through “RTI Status – RTI Tracking” option in the RTI Online Portal and an e-mail alert or SMS or both will also be sent to the applicant for the same. Addition payment can be paid offline only in the form of demand draft / Cheque / IPO.